Custom Website Development
Need custom website development work done?
We find that clients often need functionality that is not available "out of the box" and have developed many custom solutions over the years.
One of the most common needs is for a website to interface with data that lives in another system via an application programming interface (API) so that existing data can be used on the website. For example, you might use a membership management system and have a need for your website to show a list of members, or to allow your members to login with their existing credentials. Accounting system integrations are also quite common.
Some clients might even need a website that is entirely purpose built for their business because there is no existing solution available. Our first project like that was completed in 2006 when we built a system that allowed users to customize, order, and download legal documents. Over the years, we've worked on some very exciting custom website development projects that included:
- E-commerce site that allowed users to build their custom parts on screen
- Site that valued used cell phones and allowed the user to sell their phone in real time
- Directory site that allowed users to claim their business listing and upgrade for premium advertising features
- Directory site for local service providers that were pre-screened by the business entity
- Site for a residential community with private area for residents only
In addition, we often develop smaller plugins designed to work with existing content management systems and provide a specific function. Sometimes we release these to the general public at our BCS Website Solutions site.
We can also help fix your purchased extension if the developer is not responsive to your support requests. We work with WordPress plugins, Joomla! components, and any type of PHP/mySql application.
Here's a presentation detailing a custom website we developed some years ago: